We Need Your Help!
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. Not only do we need them for our book sales (one in the spring, another in September) but we need help ALL YEAR LONG!
Book Sale Volunteer opportunities include:
- Calculator Operation
- Price Callers
- Hand Truck Operators
- Door Attendants
- Parking Attendants
To find out more or to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ... or sign up online to volunteer here:
Year round Volunteers:
- Workroom—sorting, pricing and packing—always in search of a few knowledgeable people in specific areas. For more information about what volunteers do in the workroom, click here: workroom-information
- Book donation pick-up
- Book movers—assisting transport of books from library to book sale site (no hernias or bad backs, please)
- Site shelvers
- Lobby sales—keeping shelves stocked for sale
- Online sales—picking, pricing, listing and shipping
- Web site management
- Membership and database—maintaining database of members and dues
- We especially welcome computer skills or business management expertise.
For more information on any of the year-round positions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Become a Branch Friends of the Library Representative
Are you a Friends of the Library member? Do you attend any of the great programs put on by your local library branch? Does providing a service to the library simply by attending appeal to you? Then consider volunteering at your local branch to be a Friends of the Library representative. Whenever any Henderson County Library branch hosts a program in which the presenter wishes to sell something, they are required to have a Friends of the Library member present at the program. This member does not have to do anything with the program or the selling - they simply have to be present during the time of the program.
If this appeals, then give your name and contact information to your local branch library to put on the list. If you are called and decide to go - simply show up at the appointed time, notify the librarian in charge of the program that you are there as a Friends rep, and sit back and enjoy the program.